Scorpius BioManufacturing is an innovation-driven contract research, development and biomanufacturing organization offering clients a customized, integrated, end-to-end solution for their large molecule discovery research, process and analytical method development, cGMP manufacturing, product characterization, release testing needs, and clinical trial support. Our approach enables us to forge collaborative client relationships that move beyond the traditional service outsourcing model into full product development collaborations.
Reporting directly to the VP of Operations, the EH&S (Environmental, Health and Safety) Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the company's environmental, health and safety programs. The EH&S Manager will develop, implement, and monitor policies, procedures and programs to ensure compliance with all relevant environmental and occupational health and safety regulations. The EH&S Manager will work closely with senior management and other departments to identify, evaluate, and mitigate potential hazards and risks in the workplace.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the company's environmental, health and safety policies, procedures and programs in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Conduct regular safety audits and inspections to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Develop and deliver employee training programs on safety, environmental protection, and accident prevention.
- Investigate and report all workplace incidents, accidents and injuries, and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Conduct hazard assessments and risk analyses and recommend measures to eliminate or reduce identified hazards and risks.
- Develop and maintain emergency response plans and procedures to ensure effective response to emergencies, accidents, or incidents.
- Manage and coordinate all environmental, health and safety activities with other departments and stakeholders, including contractors, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and submit required regulatory reports and documentation and maintain all environmental and safety records and data in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and track trends in environmental and occupational health and safety issues and recommend proactive measures to prevent incidents and improve overall performance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, occupational health and safety, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing environmental, health and safety programs, preferably in a manufacturing or pharmaceutical development environment.
- Experience working in cGMP manufacturing environment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental and occupational health and safety regulations, and experience with regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify, evaluate and mitigate risks and hazards.
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, and to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional certification in environmental, health and safety (e.g. CSP, CHMM) is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and working Environment
- The EH&S Manager will work in an office environment, with occasional visits to manufacturing and laboratories.
- The position may require working outside of regular business hours, including evenings and weekends, to respond to emergencies or complete urgent tasks. The EH&S Manager will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when visiting manufacturing or laboratories.
- While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may sometimes be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Join Our Team
BACK TO INDEX