Scorpius BioManufacturing is an innovation-driven contract research, development and biomanufacturing organization offering clients a customized, integrated, end-to-end solution for their large molecule discovery research, process and analytical method development, cGMP manufacturing, product characterization, release testing needs, and clinical trial support. Our approach enables us to forge collaborative client relationships that move beyond the traditional service outsourcing model into full product development collaborations.
Under the support and mentoring of a senior Program Manager, we are looking for a Program Manager to join our team, working from our San Antonio, Texas office or remotely with approximately monthly visits to San Antonio. The Program Manager will report directly to the Director of Program Management and will be responsible for the delivery of programs according to the contractual agreement. The Program Manager will strive to complete the program on time and within budget.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the drug development and manufacturing spaces and has competent knowledge of biologics manufacturing processes. Strong communication and organizational skills are imperative.
- Onboards new customer programs in a handoff from the Business Development team.
- Develops a project charter and communication plan for each new program according to the best business practices.
- Defines the timeline for the program based on customer and internal team input.
- Leads the project team meetings, tracks meeting minutes and action items, and distributes these to the customer and internal team.
- Schedules internal meetings with a matrix team to ensure smooth customer delivery.
- Creates and manages change orders, with the Director’s support, based on feedback from the scientific team and customer.
- Maintains financial milestones and, with the Director’s support, ensures invoicing is accurate on a monthly basis.
- Approves the purchase of program consumables within the Scorpius procurement system.
- Maintains all Program Documentation in an organized manner which is visible to the customer and internal team.
- Raises any risks or concerns to the program to the leadership team and works with the team to mitigate these risks.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University degree with a biology, chemistry, or engineering background.
- Experience working in regulated biotech/pharma industry within a project management capacity.
- Experience working in a CDMO is highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Exceptional internal and external relationship management capabilities.
- Diplomacy, listening and negotiation skills, independent work skills, and strong work ethic.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, conflict resolution skills, and business decision making skills.
- Strong attention to detail; self-motivation with strong organization, communication (written and verbal), and computer skills (expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and working Environment
- This position may require flexibility to work non-standard hours before or after typical workday as needed for specific client meetings.
- Travel (outside of Scorpius office): < 5%. *If the candidate is remote, he/she may be expected to travel to San Antonio for a week of onboarding. The candidate may also need to travel monthly to the clinical manufacturing site in San Antonio or to the commercial site in Manhattan, Kansas to support client visits.
- While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may sometimes be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Join Our Team
BACK TO INDEX